Energy in the News
- Province reintroduces its popular EcoEnergy grants for home energy improvements for any homes being audited from April 1st, 2010. The LiveSmart BC program can also help us reduce our business and travel energy/emissions. As funding is even more limited this time than last it would be wise for homeowners to act sooner rather than later. Click here for description of the actual incentives.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - Despite the United States giving permission to drill for oil in sensitive off-shore locations it is unlikely to stave off the need to reduce its reliance on it ...Read More
- Tuesday, April 6, 2010 - Ever wanted a one-stop website that would give you a list and description of all the various incentives available for low income renters, homeowners, businesses and non-profits? It's now here!
It is very extensive, with something for just about everyone.
It is called the "Affordable Warmth BC service," a website that reviews more than 100 energy saving (and other) incentives: www.affordablewarmth.ca
- Thursday, April 1, 2010 - The federal government's surprising decision to abruptly pull the plug on its popular ecoENERGY Retrofit program has angered some Canadian home and small-business owners, who say it will stall home improvements and slow economic growth. ...read more.
Thursday, January 28, 2010- CBC Liberals offer 3 proposals for job creation
This would benefit manufacturers of equipment that produces energy more efficiently or produces energy from sources that are alternative and renewable. ...read more.
- Wednesday January 27, 2010- Times Colonist Hydro sets plans in an uncertain energy future Major upgrades are required for an aging system but Hydro must also navigate between meeting future demand and overbuilding new supply....read more.
- Tuesday January 19 2010-ESA News Canada Invests $146 Million In Clean Energy This will include energy use in buildings, community heat generation, renewables and energy storage. ...Read More
- Tuesday February 24 2009- CNN Obama Calls for Carbon Cap, Renewable Energy Investments to Help Rebuild Economy. "Our survival depends on finding new sources of energy, yet we import more oil today than ever before." ...Read More
- Wednesday November 19, 2008- Government of Canada Tackling climate change and preserving Canada's environment. Speech from the Throne. ...Read More